Join us on Monday, March 18 in Los Angeles for the New Momentum for Saner Nuclear Policy, an in-depth discussion about the momentum building for a new, saner nuclear policy and how California can lead the way to a safer, more secure world.
Featuring special guests:
- Michael Douglas, Award-winning Actor/Producer & UN Messenger for Peace
- Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA), Co-sponsor Restricting First Use of Nuclear Weapons Act
- Kennette Benedict, Advisor to Bulletin of Atomic Scientists & Nuclear expert
- Ben Rhodes, Former Deputy National Security Advisor & Co-host of Pod Save the World
- Yasmeen Silva, Lead organizer for Beyond the Bomb’s #NoFirstUse and other campaigns
Momentum is building in Congress, in the Presidential campaigns, and in the new popular movements for stopping unjust wars, preventing a new nuclear arms race and reducing the risk of this or any president launching a nuclear war. We think these efforts can succeed – with the help of California policy makers, Hollywood leaders, grassroots activists and YOU. Join us to hear from the experts and people on the front lines of this fight.
SilverScreen Theater at Pacific Design Center
8687 Melrose Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Monday, March 18, 2019
6:30pm to 9:00pm
Tickets available here. Light reception preceding program.
Ploughshares Fund is a global security foundation committed to the elimination of nuclear weapons.
Hollywood, Health & Society is a program of the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center that provides entertainment industry professionals with accurate and timely information for storylines on health, safety and national security.