“A world of peace, free from nuclear weapons, is the aspiration of millions … ” — Pope Francis, Address at Atomic Bomb Hypocenter Park (Nagasaki), November 24, 2019.
Pray with your community for the causes of peace and nuclear disarmament to be made a reality.
- Sample bulletin announcements and prayers of the faithful for use on August 2nd and 9th, 2020.
- Share this prayer (en Español) with your networks, or other prayers for peace on August 9th.
Learn about what the Church teaches regarding nuclear weapons.
- Nuclear Weapons and Our Catholic Response: A Catholic Study Guide for use with the filmNuclear Tipping Point, revised June 2020.
- Statements of the U.S. bishops on Nuclear Weapons
- Pope Francis on Nuclear Weapons at Atomic Bomb Hypocenter Park (Nagasaki), November 24, 2019.
Put what your faith into action by raising your voice to support nuclear disarmament.
- Tell Congress to support extension of the New START Treaty and a continued U.S. moratorium on nuclear testing.
- Ask your friends and family to join you in taking action.