7 years on, the decontamination process scheduled for March 2018 has been suspended due to “extremely high” radiation levels (one hour, you’re dead). (ref)
Below are some recent updates. But note in particular the in-depth account of the USS Reagan sailors who were irradiated in the disaster. Nine of the plaintiffs have died while TEPCO continues to fight their lawsuit.
- Injustice at Sea- the irradiated sailors of the USS Reagan
- 7 Years on, Sailors Exposed to Fukushima Radiation Seek Their Day in Court
- After Alarmingly High Radiation Levels Detected, What Are the Facts in Fukushima?
- Radiation levels still 3x safe levels, some areas higher than 2016
- Tepco’s ‘ice wall’ fails to freeze Fukushima’s toxic water buildup
- A $320 Million Ice Wall Still Can’t Contain Radioactive Water Near Fukushima
- Fukushima Ice Wall Failing, Water Seepage Into Nuclear Reactors Still A Problem
- Ongoing court cases